Prev: Re: [OT] Alien Figures Next: Re: Just heard the news

RE: [OT] Alien Figures

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 07:13:25 -0400
Subject: RE: [OT] Alien Figures

Interesting.

I do have a question about your suppression rules for
the aliens. It appears as if they can never be
pinned by suppression.

Selected sections:
 "Bugs have less of a tendency to take cover; they will
more than likely charge the offending enemy rather than
hide from them. Therefore suppression will less likely
affect them. For that reason bugs will ignore the first
suppression marker placed on their unit in any one turn.
Also bugs may have a maximum of 2 suppression on each
unit, not 3 like humans."
 "Each time a bug squad activates automatically remove 1
suppression marker before their actions are used."
 "These rules reflect that it takes a lot of fire to stop
an advance of bugs, they need to be wounded or destroyed
to stop them! (Effectively it takes 3 suppression
effects to stop a bug unit for a turn due to
suppression)"

So, if I read it correctly...
The 1st suppression is ignored (no counter placed).
The aliens are hit by suppresion twice more placing 2
suppression markers. The aliens recieve a 4th suppression
result, but no marker is placed (as 2 is the max). On
the next round the aliens automatically remove the 1st
suppression then use thier 1st action to remove the 2nd.
They now have a minimum of 1 action left.

Did I get this wrong?

---
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com