Prev: [SG] -ish Peter Pig Figs Next: Re: [OT] Alien Figures

Re: [OT] Alien Figures

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 07:26:58 +0000
Subject: Re: [OT] Alien Figures

Kelvin,

Nice website, pretty, without making you want to give up painting
forever
(Hi Agis). I like the rules, I think for me they need a bit of a tweak,
was thinking that the Aliens should operate as individuals rather than
in a
squad, maybe having a terror effect (if an 8 ft exosceletal alien with
acid
for blood doesn't terrify you what the hell does?), sionce these guys
are
illuded to under the "Terror effects" rules (SGII, pg 43). And perhaps
should CA like PA troopers, who get doubled assault score, making them
very
capable of spoiling your day in close assault, even on their own (a roll
of
a 5 or more makes them capable of beating all but Elite troops in CA).
This
is my big question about the CA rules, that a single PA trooper can take
on
entire squads of ordinary troopers in CA and beat them all half of the
time.
Maybe make the alien D8 doubled, in CA?

Many thanks

Richard