Prev: Re: A somewhat controversial suggestion... Next: RE: A somewhat controversial suggestion...

Re: A somewhat controversial suggestion...

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 18:06:26 EDT
Subject: Re: A somewhat controversial suggestion...

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:19:19 +0100 Jonathan white
<jonw@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>
writes:
>I'm going to get skinned for this I know ( :) ) but I was shown some
>samples of the Evil Empire(tm)'s new 40K race over  the weekend and I
>think you peeps on here should check them out. They a race called the
>Tau. They're /very/ anime - remind me a lot of Appleseed frankly -
>with
>no taste of that dire GW technogothicry at all. They're basically
>power
>armour figures carrying long weapons that look very railgunny, if
>that's
>a word. They're also some of the best sculpted figures they've done in
>years IMO. The APC they're coming out with for them is stunning,
>although I suspect it won't be cheap.

Okay, while I hate the prices, and the regular 'cartoon' figures aspect
(I'd use marvel superhero figures if I wanted that look)  I guess I can
do that.   Despite my dislike of what I have seen in 25/28mm I can't
resist another set of figures for DS2.	 I'll look at them.

>I think they'd go very well in an anime themed game, or possibly along
>with GZG United Nations troops. They're not as nice (IMO) as the best
>of
>GZG's stargrunt figs but variety as they say is the spice of life.
>
>Have a look at
>
>http://www.games-workshop.com/40kuniverse/warhammer40k/tau/tauTeaser/Ta
u_teaser2.htm

>see what you all think - but ignore the Kroot because they're frankly
>rather sad.
>
>				TTFN
>						Jon

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: A somewhat controversial suggestion... Next: RE: A somewhat controversial suggestion...