Prev: [DS] Hellfire from the ground... Next: RE: GZG WCC II stuff

Re: TOE/Archive

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 12:46:32 -0400
Subject: Re: TOE/Archive

At 9:58 AM -0400 9/7/01, Roger Books wrote:

>Does anyone have any suggestions about what I need for a
>starter force for DS?

Do you want a Cav force or Mech Inf Force or Armoured force?

Mixing is usually good for force strength. The question is how many
do you want? Company sized? Btn Sized?

Start with the basic US/Brit/German Model and assumes about size 3/4
vehicles.

1 mech platoon is 4 MICVs
1 tank platoon is 4 Tanks.
1 Arty Bty is 6 SPG/Hs but those are often broken down into 2 track
maneuver elements. Sometimes 3 sometimes 4/2.

Companies usually are comprised of 3 platoons of combat units and a
command element, though some dispense with this in DS.

Figure in some sort of scout platoon unit made up of either 4-6
tracked/armoured vehicles or 6-8 light vehicles (wheeled/hover).

Don't forget organic and inorganic assets like the following. (some
are more optional than others)

1 command vehicle of some sort for the table top
1 Counter Battery vehicle for the artillery unit
a platoon of engineers in APCs or MICVs.
Air defense vehicles, figure 1 per company, plus one for the
artillery or command elements.

an armoured recovery vehicle (for recovering damaged vehicles)
an armoured earth mover or tank with a blade. (for digging fighting
positions)
a platoon of ambulances either apcs or light vehicles.
a mobile of fixed aid station.

I personally have for one integrated force

1 coy of med armour 14 tanks
1 coy of mech infantry 15 MICVs w/1 light RAM mortar bty on 3 APCs
1 Scout company with 12 wheeled vehicles and attached dismounts
3 Armoured Recovery Vehicles.
2 AEV w/ blade One with a Demolition gun the other with engineer type
stuff
4 APCs for Engineers
4 Mine laying vehicles
4 tracked cargo vehicles for ammo carriers
15 or so trucks
3 cmd posts
2 CBR elements
2 Med Artry btys (4 each)

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	 \ Toronto, Gun down some squeegee kids, - NRA -
- www.rawa.org	  \  Then you can host the Olympics too!       -

Prev: [DS] Hellfire from the ground... Next: RE: GZG WCC II stuff