Prev: Re: [DS] UK Tank Destroyers Next: US Tank Destroyers Article

Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers?

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 22:01:16 +1000
Subject: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers?

At 06:41  6/09/01 -0400, Glen wrote:
>Heard reference to it but never came across a picture/write up (never
>looked that hard to be honest.)  Now that does make me want to try one
in
>a game...  chasing one could be the worst thing to do?

When fired the gun 'recoiled' back to where the driver's head would be,
Archers didn't fire on the move :) they'd back into position and the
driver
would get out of the way. Once the 17 pdr fired the driver would quickly

get back in and they would 'scoot'.

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Re: [DS] UK Tank Destroyers Next: US Tank Destroyers Article