Prev: Re: [OT] Clear Preds Next: Re: GZG WCC II

Re: [DS] TDs

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 14:13:58 +1000
Subject: Re: [DS] TDs

At 11:23  5/09/01 -0400, Tom wrote:
>Two points from the discussion:
>
>1) Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the
>Dodge 3/4 ton (Powerwagon?) mount a
>57mm, not 37mm?

Gun Motor Carriage M6 carrying a 37mm gun, never deployed outside the
US.
There was a 75mm gun mounted in a M3 half track.

>2) Stug-IV - wasn't this equipped with a 75 for
>its main weapon? That's not what I'd call exactly
>a low velocity weapon. Or am I confused?

The Stug III and IV came from a requirement for an armoured vehicle
capable
of accompanying the infantry in assaults to deal with obstacles and
strongpoints. Initially it was equipped with a 75mm infantry gun, later
the
more powerful 75mm pak 40 was introduced (Stug III Ausf-F).

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Clear Preds Next: Re: GZG WCC II