Prev: RE: Primer Next: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers?

Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers?

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 18:14:58 -0700
Subject: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers?

> >  > Of course, the current version is "Toyota with TOW"

The dreaded Somali death mobile..

> >	More bang for the buck...though the idea of using a TOW against
anything
> >would scare the heck out of me...what with having to sit with the
launcher
> >and all.

It does take more nerve than I've got....

> Newer weapons are getting to the point where yu can place them remote
> from the user. Some are nice in that they don't require that you
> shoot direct at the target, but rather they allow an upwards shot and
> an arc down to the target.
>
> --
> Have you seen the old Twilight 2000 US Army Vehicle Guide?
In it they had a M920 a Hellfire AT HAMMER HEAD Launcher
on a Bradley. I think the only thing stopping this one is the price
tag, DOD is squeamish about giving a million bucks a shot to a
E-2 to play with ...)

Don

Prev: RE: Primer Next: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers?