Prev: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers? Next: RE: [FT] SV-Pods

RE: [FT] SV-Pods

From: "Fulton, Beth (CMR, Hobart)" <Beth.Fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:24:31 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT] SV-Pods

G'day Noam,

>In getting to know the SV, I've
>become convinced that Pods are
>underpowered to the point of near
>uselessness as offensive weapons. One
>solution I'd like to experiment
>with is upping the energy cost of an
>offensive pod (lance, leach) to
>say 5 or 6 power points to get
>Pulse-torp range and to-hit rolls.
>I'm not sure how it balances
>math-wise and probably only
>play-testing would be telling.
>
>Have other SV players felt pods to be weak?

I haven't sat down and given it serious consideration, but on the flip
side
I've found that I don't use pods that much and when I do its invariably
lance pod. Leech pods may be hard to shake in principle, but nearly
every
time I've used them (even against damaged small ships) Derek's been able
shake them off with out too much hassle. However, I don't know if this
tendency to keep pod usage low is because of the way I play, the number
of
1s I roll to hit anyway or because the pods are a little off.

Cheers

Prev: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers? Next: RE: [FT] SV-Pods