Prev: [OT] Virus warning - visual basic attachment Next: RE: [FT]Alternate Universes-Weapon Types

Re: [FT]Alternate Universes-Weapon Types

From: Alderfek@a...
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 00:30:47 EDT
Subject: Re: [FT]Alternate Universes-Weapon Types

In a message dated 09/04/2001 7:57:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Beth.Fulton@marine.csiro.au writes:

<< G'day,

 >2 to shield, 2 to armor and 2 to hull. ....

 I'm a bit thick today (OK most days... just thought I short cut that
 thread!!), but what does this mean.

 >All shields deflect except on 6.)

 How do the shields work exactly?

Hi Beth,
 I havent put these into use yet but here goes:
The weapon system if it hits its target would do 2 damage to the
shields,hit
the armor for 2 more points and punch through to the hull for 2 more
points
of damage.

The shields would reflect,deflect,dissapate,etc... the incoming weapons
damage except on a to hit roll of 6

Most shields are Trek-ish in nature. The human based races have a
energy/limited matter deflection system. These would push away most
energies
coming at the vessel whether it be natural or artificial. They would
also
provide meteoroid & micrometeor protection and also small caliber
railgun
projectiles and missiles.

The Perg'r'nese Parloomian and Delthaze shields are like ballons. The
artificial singularities used to power their ships are used to "inflate"
anti-gravity screen which for all intents can block out just about
anything.
Just depends on the power levels applied.

VThe Vindric and Hargonne have no shielding other than radiation
screens.

Hope that helps

Kirk Alderfer

Webelos Den Leader - Pack 23
Asst. Scoutmaster - Troop 16
Aerospace Designer

Prev: [OT] Virus warning - visual basic attachment Next: RE: [FT]Alternate Universes-Weapon Types