Prev: RE: Yeah, but...! Re: Star Ranger's New Home? Next: Re: [FT] Vector racing!

RE: [FT] Vector racing!

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 17:11:02 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] Vector racing!

> Last night we tried four-player FT racing, using vector movement on a
> roughly 6x6foot table. I haven't had that much fun playing anything in
> while!
<snip>
> We had three ship designs; the lightly armed, fragile 'Greyhound' with
> Thrust 10; the mid-range T8 'Whippet' and the T6 'heavy' 'Bulldog' -
the
> Bulldog still only had 2 B1s and a B2, and about 12 or 15 hull points.
My
> Greyhould/Whippet pair lead for the whole race; the two or three
Bulldogs
> basically gutted each other back in the pack.

I ran a 'Galactic 500' FT Vector Racing game a GenCon a couple of years
ago,
and you seem to have avoided most of the problems I had.
1.) Numbers - 8-12 Players in a game where you have to get though lots
of
turns is too many, keep the number down.
2.) Weapons - Keep them light, You had B1's and maybe a B2.  Mine had
more
including B3's and PTs, which is too much and ships were dying too fast
by
weapons fire.

If anyone wants to see the control sheets I did for my racers let me
know, 4
gifs about 24k each.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
   Soon moving to http://www.star-ranger.com

Prev: RE: Yeah, but...! Re: Star Ranger's New Home? Next: Re: [FT] Vector racing!