Prev: Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry Next: Re: [FT] Vector racing!

RE: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry

From: "Fulton, Beth (CMR, Hobart)" <Beth.Fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:12:34 +1000
Subject: RE: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry

G'day,

>And you make a fine argument at that.
>I will remove it for our first test
>and see what we think.

Cool well let us know how it goes.

>I do see PA and GE abilities as comparable.

OK then to be a pain in the neck <like that's new ;)> why bother with
the
GE? ;P
I know its fun...I was meaning that if you're going to have something
different make it different ;)

>Shots that would wing an unarmored
>human and put them down (leg or
>arm shots) that would leave a PA trooper
>functional would also leave a GE
>gunning for more.

Yes and no. Guess it depends on your vision of what genetically modified
humans could do... a leg or arm mashed by the impact of a bullet/laser
etc
is gonna be mashed no matter how you look at it and how determined you
are
that its gonna work ;)
I haven't read much sci-fi and am relying on my vertebrate zool courses
here, so I may not have the right picture... that's why I was arguing a
cut
artery, smashed bone is gonna stop you whether you've had your genes
twiddled or not. The reason I was envisaging PA as harder to knock out
is
because they have more armour in the first place not necessarily because
the
suit holds them up more once they're hit.

>This is pretty significant compared to normal line
>infantry, and hence the increased chits.

True enough, that's why I'd suggest they need 4 hits to take them out,
that
can be pretty tough to actually do in practice.

>We will probably stick with 5 for our first
>test(s) - probably only a single
>platoon in the company - and see how it goes.

Cool.

>I have been wrong before. :)

So have I ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry Next: Re: [FT] Vector racing!