Prev: RE: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry Next: Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry

Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry

From: Edward Lipsett <translation@i...>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 09:29:14 +0900
Subject: Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry

I really have to agree with this...
Even the Dorsai, in spite of the fact they first appeared as, I believe
"The Genetic General" with a bred super-soldier blurb on the cover, were
in fact just well-trained men.

And it is a proven fact that John Wayne could take out any other soldier
anyway, genetically superior or not.

devans@uneb.edu wrote:
> I generally find 'ubermensch' distasteful in any game. It's nice if
someone
> is really big, then he's slow. If someone is really fast, then he's
> fragile. David Gerrold's Morthans notwithstanding.
>
> I assume that any troops the NAC are going to transport across the
ether is
> going to be DAMN good by any standard.
>
> Optimized humans, via training and equipment, vs. engineered, were the
> great jack-o-all-trades we assume them to be.

=====
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or
offer your own version in return.
- Salman Rushdie, "Imaginary Homelands"
=====
Edward Lipsett
Intercom, Ltd.
Fukuoka, Japan
translation@intercomltd.com
http://www.intercomltd.com
Tel: +81-92-712-9120
Fax: +81-92-712-9220

Prev: RE: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry Next: Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry