Prev: [FT] New releases photos Next: Re: [FT] New releases photos

Re: Ship groups

From: "Damond Walker" <dwalker@s...>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 06:55:34 -0400
Subject: Re: Ship groups

In our group we have a 1:1:1 ratio for ships (1 cap, 1 cruiser, 1
escort).
Basically for each ship of a certain class you must purchase a ship of
the
next lower class.  This helps build semi-realistic fleets instead of,
say,
buying three battleships and one frigate to round out the points.

Makes for a fun game.  Makes you think about if you should focus on the
big
guys in the fleet or the little guys.  Spend to much time on the big
guys
and the little guys will shred you....

In a recent three-way (2000 point) scenario I had a Konstantine, a
Petrograd, two Tibets, a Volga, and two Warsaws.  I didn't fare all that
well as I've never played fighters before and either my fighter load was
off
or I mishandled them (probably the latter).  The Konstantine took a ton
of
hits before going down -- level two screens are your friends.  :)

In the ESU fleet I'm toying with now I have a Komorov, a Petrograd, two
Tibets, three Volgas and two Warsaws.  Havn't tried this fleet yet but
I'm
looking forward to it.

Damo

Prev: [FT] New releases photos Next: Re: [FT] New releases photos