Prev: My GZG order arrived... well some of it... Next: Re: My GZG order arrived... well some of it...

[SG2] Trying to drum up support for some new figs

From: "Tomb" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:17:57 -0400
Subject: [SG2] Trying to drum up support for some new figs

Hiya guys n gals,

First, this is a bit long and slightly commercial, though I think it
bears on list content as many of us would like to see what I'm
suggesting. For those that don't, my apologies in advance. I will try to
take subsequent correspondence off-list.

DO NOT REPLY ON LIST unless for some reason you can't get email to the
email address I provide below. One big mail on the subject is more than
sufficient. Subsequent traffic should be OFF LIST. Your cooperation
appreciated.

I'm trying to drum up some support (ie a commitment from some other
folks sufficient to make the project fly) for a couple of new sets of
25mm figures to expand/compliment the SG2 lines. You might recall the
last project like this (SG2 Gurkhas) - it worked marvelously and the end
product was an awesome new figure line for SG2.

So, here are the things I'm interested in seeing produced. If you have
interest (and I mean to the point where you are willing to commit to
buying X number of figures), then email me at tomb@stargrunt.ca and
we'll see if we can float either of these boats (or both).

This means we'll need to roust up demand for hundreds of these figures.

Note: I want these in 25mm compatible with SG2 figs because I already
have literally hundreds of 25mm so I'm not about to abandon this scale.
Plus it lets you do some nice paint work.

Project 1:

Sub Project Alpha:

The Colonial Marines

Bearing a passing (*nudge nudge wink wink*) resemblance to the military
forces represented in a certain movie about hard-to-kill multi-jaw
aliens with acid blood, these forces would be good as mid-tech
mercenaries, as enemies for your favorite bugs. They might look vaguely
Coppelstone Future Wars Trooper esque, but in a less Mezzomorph/Steroid
enhanced way. And they would not be 28mm.

Kit: Helmets with camera/sensor mounts, body armour, weapons to include
an AR with underbarrel pump GL, a SAW on a gyroharness, a portable
flamer, a 12 gauge pump, and perhaps other weapons.

Target Numbers: 200 figures will buy us 8 poses. That will be sufficient
to make up good squads/platoons. 100 Poses will only get us 4 poses,
which is less useful. So let us try to hit 200. Numbers 200+ will
probably win us a couple of extra poses.

I will order: 12 if we get 100, 24+ if we get 200+.

Suggested Poses (subject to some change, must be verified with Nic and
Mike B for feasibility)

A) Marine, helmeted, standing, firing AR from shoulder.
B) Marine, bareheaded, standing, firing gyroharness SAW from hip.
C) Marine, helmeted, standing, flamer pointed crossboddy angled towards
ground.
D) Marine, helmeted, walking forward, AR held at port arms.

E) Marine, bareheaded, walking forward, pump shotgun at port arms.
F) Marine, helmeted, standing, changing magazines in AR.
G) Marine NCO, slightly different helmet, standing, pointing with
AR held crossbody by the pistol grip.
H) Marine, walking forward, AR held to shoulder but pointed about
15 degrees declination. (ready to come up and snapshoot)

I) Bonus figure if we get the numbers: Marine, female, in T shirt
with no body armour, standing, firing AR from hip (we'll call this
figure VassKee...)
J) Bonus figure #2: Female Marine, advancing, AR crossbody down,
With extra shoulder satchel (holding either medical supplies or
if the NCO is an idiot, all the magazines from the squad).

SubProject Beta:

Multi-Jawed Hostile Xenoforms with Acid Blood.

some nasty claws, one elbow joint per arm. One set of legs, one knee
joint per leg. One large articulated tail with spear-point.
Large head, vaguely rounded (like a motorcycle gas tank) with a set
Of "big teeth" at the front. Generally sinewey and skeletal - no fat
on these boys.

Target numbers: Same as above. 8 poses or more for 200+. So 200 is
The target number.

I will order: 25 if we get 100, 50 if we get 200+.

Suggested Poses:
A) Alien advancing crouched over (gorilla style)
B) Alien advancing erect
C) Alien standing, one claw wound up to strike
D) Alien stading, other claw wound up to strike

E) Alien getting ready to spring/pounce
D) Alien advancing erect (alternate pose)
F) Alien egg (large yucky egg)
H) Alien larvae (small spider like alien)

I) Bonus figure: Alien Leader - larger figure, larger
head (more angular, larger bone crest)

Project 2:

Expanding the OUDF line.
It bugs me endlessly (rationalizations aside) that the OUDF forces
don't have any AR/GL combinations. I wish to see this remedied.

Kit: Standard OUDF figures modified to have an OUDF AR with an
Underbarrel GL.

Target number: 100 figures provides 4 poses, which is sufficient.

I will order: 12-16.

Suggested Poses:
1) NCO pose (standing talking on radio) to have AR/GL.
2) walking forward, helmeted, weapon at port arms - modified to have
AR/GL.
3) walking forward, boonie hat, weapon crossbody down - modified to have
AR/GL.
4) kneeling scout, boonie hat, assault shotgun pointed up - modified to
have AR/GL.

So, if any of these ideas is interesting, contact me. I find the 100
club options from Eureka are nice, but people tend not to make things
happen quite as fast as I'd prefer. I find someone organizing these
things helps Nic and it helps things happen. Mail me at
tomb@stargrunt.ca and let us start the ball rolling.

Tom B.

Prev: My GZG order arrived... well some of it... Next: Re: My GZG order arrived... well some of it...