Prev: Re: [FT]Alternate Universes Pt II Next: Re: [FT]Alternate Universes Pt II

[OT] The vagarities of international shipping to Canada

From: "Tomb" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 19:09:53 -0400
Subject: [OT] The vagarities of international shipping to Canada

Jon ships me one order (for me and some other folks) worth $500 Cdn. I
get charged no duties, tarrifs or taxes. A second package arrives (a
fill in order for $100 or so), and the government decides I need to then
pay $17 duty/tarrif/tax on that one.

Sometimes they nail me at the border, other times they don't bother.

I haven't figured out if I should be happy they aren't getting me all
the time or torqued off that they are getting me some of the time. One
of the two is bound to be an injustice (either to me or to them).

I think the big order came via courier, but you'd think that would only
sort of ensure that the package paid the duties. The other one might
have went by the same method (have to check into that). But one was
taxed/dutied/tarffed, the other not. Of course, I _am_ glad they went
after the smaller package....

On the up side, the new NAC SG sculpts are a little beefier and have
enough kit they look like actual soldiers and they won't snap at the
ankles. And the two prone figures are pretty darn well executed (FMA
people take note... we need some from other nationalities now). I still
think SGN-01E (I think that's the code) is the best looking NAC figure
to date.

Time to go paint my GNN news crew (or CBC, but that'll make them an even
larger fire-magnet). My ESU haven't had enough target practice lately.

Tomb Raider

Prev: Re: [FT]Alternate Universes Pt II Next: Re: [FT]Alternate Universes Pt II