Prev: RE: 25mm miniatures Next: Re: 25mm miniatures

RE: [FT] Question about Drives

From: Hal <hal@b...>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:31:46 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] Question about Drives

At 11:53 AM 08/28/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>I'm playing a 2k battle game at the moment (as a player) NSL vs ESU
>Simultaneous fire .  Up to turn 4 at the moment and just got into
weapons
>range.  I haven't moderated  any games since the MKW games folded due
>life pressures, but I might do so again as life has settled somewhat
since
>then ;-).  I will probably do something smaller, though as as 31k point
game
>can be very labour intensive :-)

Hello Danny,
   As it stands now, I'm ressurrecting my interest in FT along with
dusting
off my Visual Basic compiler.  I've downloaded the Gliese data file and
Nyrath's OH NO! NOT TRIGONOMETRY!  Once I get it so that it will
reliably
create X,Y,Z co-ordinates for stars, I will then start detailing a few
stars around earth so as to be able to create "colonies" and other
wonderful things.  In a way, it will parallel TRAVELLER 2300 AD in that
there will be national colonies along with a fragmented Earth.	What I
want
to do is create a structure where each nation and colony has a Gross
National Product, an Infrastructure, and a military budget.  Each nation

and each colony will be responsible for its own production such that
players will get to engage in diplomacy as well as command their own
fleets
and war machines.
   Right now, I am looking at the concept that each Mass worth of
production requires 1.5 weeks (Cargo Hull masses are counted as either
1/4
or 1/2 this mass value).  Crash production permits up to a 2.5 times
production speed with a minimum required production time required (am
still
looking into that).  Double speed production requires double labor
committments.  The additional .5 production rate requires triple
production
value.
   I am seriously considering Phil's naval refit rules (slightly
modified)
and so on.  Of course, all this work will require some time to finish
off :)

Prev: RE: 25mm miniatures Next: Re: 25mm miniatures