Prev: Re: Mini Campaign Question to the "List Next: Re: FT-Ship construction (was RE:Campaigns)

Mini Campaign Question to the "List

From: "Pat Connaughton" <patconnaughton@e...>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 10:29:19 -0700
Subject: Mini Campaign Question to the "List

This fall, in November (16, 17 & 18th), our local game club will be
putting
on our annual game/miniatures convention called Command Con here in St.
Louis, MO.

Working with another gamer, I'm going to be putting on a series of
inter-related games using Full Thrust and probably a somewhat modified
NetEpic as the ground combat game. There will be 4 parts to this
scenario.
1. An initial insertion of troops - Naval forces fight to get through an
opposing defending force to land troops for a recon of a proposed LZ.
2. The previously mentioned recon (ground combat, mostlty light forces)
with
the emphasis on troop survival and having enough forces remaining to get
the
word out.
3. The main landing force arrives and needs to get to the planet - much
larger scale naval combat. The primary concerns being the transports and
then having enough forces left to either contest control of near space
or to
deny same.
4. The landing and the fight to control the LZ and clear surrounding
area.

Rationale for mentioning this and why. This list has been very helpfull
in
giving me lot's of ideas for games, scenarios, weapons etc. Also, I've
always preferred to game with some sense of consequence to my gaming. It
lend's a certain feel or texture of "reality" to the game that a simple
(or
not so simple) "headbangor" game may lack.
I'm also going to try to use this opportunity to sell this idea (and FT)
more folks. It should be fun.

Any suggestion or comments would be appreciated. Force approciations,
etc.
Thanks again in advance.

Also, anyones welcome to come to our Con. Ask me for more info off list
if
you like.

Thanks
Pat Connaughton
e-mail - ptconn@earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/ptconn/
ICQ # 2535086

"He who knows not how to dissemble knows not
how to reign"
Tiberius, Emperator and Princips of Rome

Prev: Re: Mini Campaign Question to the "List Next: Re: FT-Ship construction (was RE:Campaigns)