Prev: [FT] Alternate Universes Next: Re: [FT] Alternate Universes

[DS] Models representing GMS's and SLAM's

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 22:59:44 EDT
Subject: [DS] Models representing GMS's and SLAM's

I couldn't find it in the archives (yet) but I remember (always IIRC)
someone of the list someone posted on how the DS2 weapons systems should
look:

In my own restated understanding:

HELs - short tubes (Boxy bases?)
DFFG - combustion chamber at base of tube and the tube should show the
magnetic (?) forces containing the fused material until it leaves the
tube?
HVC - Externally a lot like today's AFV guns
HKP - perhaps thinner tubes?
MDC - possibly 'finned' tubes (might be very small at 6mm)

Now for the question - How do you represent SLAMs and GMSs?

My original thought was it might be GMSs were like the Dutch APC (?)
from
GHQ with a mount above the top of the vehicle, or mounts like the navy
uses where the launcher tips up, the reloads move onto the 'business
end'
and then the mount returns to a slanted 'firing position' for the next
round of launches?  Am I making myself clear?  I consider a short cherry
picker mounting also.  The key being that the missiles can'r be all
external (well, shouldn't) unless the average GMS vehicle's survival is
like escorts in the battle line in FT [shoot - die] and since the idea
that it was *not* mounted on a turret until I joined this list had not
been something I considered!

So, how do /you/ represent GMS launchers on AFV's in DS2?

Likewise, SLAM's.  In 1/72nd I could steal rocket packs off helicopter
and strike model kits for SLAMs for 15mm vehicles but how about 6mm, how
do you represent these?

What brought this up was looking at Brigade's beautiful pictures of
their
1/300th AFV's.	Specifically (prefacing all with SFV-):

002b (SLAM?)
003a (SLAM?)
006d (SLAM?)
006f  (GMS?)
007b (GMS/L?)
009c (GMS?)
009d (GMS or SLAM?)
011 (Double SLAM's?)

BTW, their site is www.brigademodels.co.uk but most of you probably
already knew that...

While you're there, look at

001 (HVC?)
001a (Double HKP?)
001e (MDC/4 or 5?)
001f (DFFG?)
002 (MDC/2?)
003 (A mixed turret!?)
006 (MDC?)
006c (HVC?  DFFG?)
007a (RFAC?)
009a (?)
009b (DFFG/1 or 2?)
012 (RFAC/1 or 2?)
012a (DFFG2 and a GMS?)

Feedback and differing opinions welcome.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: [FT] Alternate Universes Next: Re: [FT] Alternate Universes