Prev: Re: Campaigns Next: [DS2, SG2] Interesting article on EM Reactive Armor

RE: Campaigns

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:57:58 -0400
Subject: RE: Campaigns

I think that I, too, would lean toward cost being the time
determinant. Systems (engines, weapons, sensors) need to
be calibrated and tested as part of the construction
process. Also included in cost would be the training of
crew, transportation of them to the site, and time
getting them use to the idiosyncrasies of the new ship.
Freighters would not need as long to train/calibrate.

But I would agree, that if a ship is made under rush
conditions, it should show up as either a weaker hull
(representing shortcuts taken) or as random system
failure upon the 1st Battle. Perhaps a threshold check
loosing systems on a 6. And make the 1st threshold
loose systems at 5+.

In the same way, crew that lacks experience could be
represented by not counting the LAST crew factor. This
would be the they-will-learn-in-combat or just-give-
me-warm-bodies approach. This often happens toward the
end of a war when much of your professional force has
been lost to attrition.

-----
Brian Bell
-----