Prev: Re: [SG?] Cammo Next: [CON] ECC V - March 1-3, 2002 - Call for participation

Re: [FT] PBEM Utility

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 21:44:13 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] PBEM Utility

Jade Falcon wrote:

> > Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:11:27 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: Aron Clark <aronbc@yahoo.com>
> > Subject: [FT] PBEM Utility
>
> Aron,
>
> Looks like a nice program, did you contact Jon Tuffley about using his
rule
> system in the program? This is the only thing that has slowed down my
> development of an online version of FT.
>
> Anyone know what the implications are with using published rule
systems
> within software? I know it's not like players can see exactly what the
rules
> are, but do you need special permission?

It would always be polite to ask.  My attempt to design a web-based
version
(which has stalled in developement for lack of time) would have included
password-like protection scheme that acted something like the copy
protection of
early computer games.  If you could correctly supply the i'th word of
the j'th
line on the n'th page, you must own the rulebook and have a license to
play.

Prev: Re: [SG?] Cammo Next: [CON] ECC V - March 1-3, 2002 - Call for participation