Prev: Re: Campaign Next: Re: [SG?] Cammo

Re: Campaign

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:25:58 -0400
Subject: Re: Campaign

> When I hear campaign systems like this, I can't
> help but think of programs in WWII like the liberty
> ships and the escort carriers. Because it was
> necessary to build them fast, they built them faster
> than anyone believed possible. They weren't built to
> last, but they did work. I wonder if any production
> schedule can simulate a truly ... motivated...
> nation fighting for it's life.

If you throw more money at it, you can always speed things up.	May not
be
terribly efficient, of course, but in wartime this isn't too much of a
concern ("the only thing more expensive than building the best navy, is
building the second best...").	However, real shipyards in peacetime (US
at
least) deliberately do not build as fast as possible because they'd
rather

Prev: Re: Campaign Next: Re: [SG?] Cammo