Prev: RE: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix" Next: Re: [FT] Taskforce and Fleet Actions

RE: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

From: "Brian Bell" <bbell1@i...>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 23:58:43 -0400
Subject: RE: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

In talking with Noam, I proposed the following. One of
our goals was to keep all current Sa'Vasku designs
legal.

1) Ships of 100+ mass must have a shield node.
   Ships of 200+ mass must have 2 shield nodes. Etc.
2) Range band be based on 9mu, but give the first 3mu free.
   Range       Power per die
      0-12	     1
   12.x-21	     2
   21.x-30	     4
   30.x-39	     8
   39.x-48	    16
   48.x-57	    32
   This puts a better average in the mid range compaired
   with beam-heavy fleets like NAC or ESU. The SV would
   still be disadvantaged, but not as much as a straight
   9mu range band. Plus easier to figure on the fly than
   Noam's 13mu -1/range band.
3) Power Pool Change: Pods draw from Repair, Spicules draw from Defense.
4) Limit % of total mass devoted to power generation:
   Ship Mass	% of total to power generation
   <51		30
   50-150	25
   >151 	20
   I would have suggested just a 2 tier of 25% and 20%,
   but there is one ship (corvette) that is at 27%.

---
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com
ICQ: 12848051