Prev: RE: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll Next: RE: [FT] Taskforce and Fleet Actions

[OT] Halon RE: [SGish] APC question

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:45:40 -0500
Subject: [OT] Halon RE: [SGish] APC question

I'm not an expert, but have breathed Halon; interesting experience, sort
of
the anti-Helium, as voices dropped WAY down. Girls talking baritone sort
of
thing.

I do know the folks that installed it stated it was tricky to get the
exactly right amount to be fire retardant but non-lethal.

In large spaces, such as our computer room, the stuff comes out at
hurricane velocity. We had two folks in the room during the dump, and
one
was lucky that a plexiglas partition didn't crush him, while both looked
like they SHOULD have suffered a death of a thousand paper cuts from the
stuff flying around.

I'm tempted to mention stupid halon tricks, but this has gone WAY OT.

Prev: RE: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll Next: RE: [FT] Taskforce and Fleet Actions