Prev: RE: Eureka 300 Club 15mm Figures Next: RE: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll

RE: [FT] Taskforce and Fleet Actions

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 13:30:49 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] Taskforce and Fleet Actions

That would be in an emergency situation. Using the NORMAL military
transit
of one per day, it would be 3 days (1 jump per day) plus the jumps out
of
and in to the gravity well of the systems (depends on the mass of the
system, but I would suggest 6 each way (1au, 2au, 4au, 8au, 16au & 32au;
Pluto is about 40au out and the Ort Cloud somewhat further).

A ship could do a jump or two at near the minimum turn around time, but
then
crew quality would begin to decline due to jump stress (even with the
drugs). Remember minimum should not be taken to mean usual. I would
suggest
in a campaign setting to make a threshold check for crew quality each
jump
after the 1st without at least an 18 hour rest. Failure treats all
targets
as 1mu further away per 6mu distant (that is if the target is at 22mu,
treat
it as if it were at 25mu) and treat the ship as if it had one less
damage
control party.

-----
Brian Bell