Prev: Re: [SGish] APC question Next: RE: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

RE: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 07:12:16 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll

Hmmm.

This is a tough call. I have not been following the thread closely, so I
do
not know the range band modifiers. I would hope that they are not more
than
3mu out of 12 (1/4) or 2mu out of 6 (1/3).

The problem, as I see it, with range band reduction is that it applies a
different penealty to each weapon system. That is if you reduce the
range
bands of a Beam by 1mu, that is only 1/12 change, but for a P-Torp, it
is
1/6 (2x the difference). Perhaps this was addressed.

On the other hand, screens vs 1-roll weapons (combined to-hit & damage
roll)
and -1 vs 2-roll weapons (those who roll to-hit and then roll damage),
seems
like it would be better placed as some type of Shield system (see
earlier
thread, especially Oerjan's comments).

Of the 2, I would prefer (A) Range band modifications. But I fear that
this
may get too complicated with seperate range bands for 12mu based, 9mu
based
(SV Stingers), 6mu based, and close (fighters, missiles, etc.).

Also, range band reduction seems to have more than a linear effect. Noam
may
wish to post a 2nd thread posting our conversation about Sa'Vasku 9mu
range
bands in the PBEM game Sentient Strife (or he may wish until the game is
finished). At this point, I will just say that 9mu range bands MAY be
too
limiting for SV under vector.

-----
Brian Bell