Prev: AW: Agis website updated again Next: Re: ADFC, Vector, SMs and Fighters...

RE: ADFC, Vector, SMs and Fighters...

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 22:41:25 +0200
Subject: RE: ADFC, Vector, SMs and Fighters...

Beth wrote in reply to Ryan:

> >So, I'm appealing to the court of play testers...
>
>Well Jon's got the end say alright, but personally I wouldn't.
Unfortunately
>I don't have the time at present to do any math on it for you (i.e.
give you
>a hard argument why you shouldn't), Oerjan would be the man to ask but
>think he's still got a busted computer and so is off air <either that
or
>you're being unusually quiet/restrained kiddo ;)>.

Yes, I've been off the wires for a while again. ("Kiddo" - hah! I'm
older
than you are, young lady! <g>)

Anyway. Since Beth invoked me: ADFC range is NOT reduced to 3mu in
Vector;
it is 6mu range in both movement systems. If Jon has said something
else,
then he is unfortunately wrong.

Kaime wrote:

>The supporters for the missile/fighter/PDS/ADFC being 3 MU would say,
is
>from a description from a book that first intro's Vector Movement btw

If they say so, they are wrong. "a book that first intro's Vector
Movement"
is FB1, and the only place where FB1 mentions the 3mu radius is in the
Salvo Missile rule on p.9:

"(SPECIAL NOTE: if you choose to use the VECTOR MOVEMENT system given in

this book instead of the "standard" FT movement rules, then we strongly
suggest reduceing the attack radius of Salvo Missiles from 6" to 3" -
..."

There is no mention anywhere in this "strong suggestion" that fighters,
PDS
or ADFC have their ranges reduced. The *only* system which is mentioned
is
the Salvo Missile.

The PBL rule in FB2 p.36 says: "I using the vector movement rules from
Fleet Book 1, you may wish to reduce the burst radius of plasma bolts to
4
(or even 3) mu to compensate for the more accurate prediction of target
movement that occurs when using the vector system; a similar rule was
suggested in FB1 with regard to the attack radius of salvo missiles, for

the same reason."

Again there is no suggestion that PDS, fighters or ADFC should be
reduced
in range.

The vector movement rules themselves (FB1 pp.3-4 and FB2 p.3) don't say
anything about any weapons or defences.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: AW: Agis website updated again Next: Re: ADFC, Vector, SMs and Fighters...