Prev: Re: Beliefs was Re: hot ships, cold space - but is the beer cold? Next: Re: ADFC, Vector, SMs and Fighters...

Re: ADFC, Vector, SMs and Fighters...

From: kaime@m...
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 23:35:50 -0400
Subject: Re: ADFC, Vector, SMs and Fighters...

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
To: 'gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu ' <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Date: Saturday, August 11, 2001 10:46 PM
>Aye. That is correct. The argument started after a day of power
>gaming where a number of the more experienced players weren't
>present, one was (also the local  FT group list moderator) and she
>e-mailed Jon to ask. She's been sticking by that (very
>understandable) but I'm concerned that the ruling is a bad one. So,
>I'm appealing to the court of play testers...

Correction, many of the experienced players were present, four at least.
But I understand you can't make it to the store often so these faces are
not
familiar to you.  Man it's been at least two or three months, you need
show up and play some games with us :) .  Let it also be noted that as
of
now there are many who want this decision.

Ryan is correct however about the other part of the issue.  We have a
30+
member group (15 of which are very active) here in Atlanta GA USA and
with
so many people we've decided that unless both parties agree on varients
or
genre weapons we need to play by the book.  The person who into'd the
game
to many of the experience players, a mutual NSL friend Ryan :) , started
this due to so many fights always connected to FT.  This has history in
that
prior few weeks of playing years ago.  I have gotten a history lesson
for
one of the long time players who was at that above mentioned game about
the
fighting that went on when the game first stated being played in this
are
(at least NW Atlanta.)	Seems Atlanta and Full Thrust rule arguments
have a
long history.  The shop owner and many of the experienced old time
players
also thinks it's best so we don't end up playing a house rule saturated
game.  The new, less that 2 month players very vocal and a bit harsh
(and
maybe Ryan and a few silent old timers perhaps, who thankfully has
communicated in a adult way) are the ones now protesting.

I hate to say that this issue is one of the two issues that has brought
this
group to it's knees, but to be honest if we say, we go the other way
Ryan
what will happen?  I know what will happen, the other side of the group
will
do exactly what you and the others are doing and protest and fill the
local
email list and threaten to quit and cause problems like what is
happening
right now.  To keep order, we have to have an authority and that is to
play
as 'by the book' as possible in the general games.

This does not even take into account when we go to Cons we want to use
the
the rule correctly and at one of the last Cons (You didn't attend the
last
tow Con with our events Ryan) someone told us we were using things wrong
since everything goes to 3 MU when playing Vector Movement.  A point
that
Jon also agreed with in his reply to me.

Tell me what should happen when there is no way to have all thirty
people
argee?	FASA and Games Workshop have phone numbers and emails to help
people
with this problem, you ask what is right or wrong or recommend somethign
and
they tell you.	I did the same thing.  I'd rather have games than
fighting
Ryan and you have not been in the games for months and seen the fighting
over such minor issues and the obstical is present to playing Full
Thrust.

Prev: Re: Beliefs was Re: hot ships, cold space - but is the beer cold? Next: Re: ADFC, Vector, SMs and Fighters...