Prev: Re: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll Next: Re: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll

Re: Hot ships in cold space

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 12:21:12 EDT
Subject: Re: Hot ships in cold space

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 17:21:43 -0400 "Tomb" <kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca> writes:
<snip>

>We know a lot about the world. We know a little about the stars. Keep
>in
>mind where we were, knowledge wise, 180 years ago (1820). Pretty funny
>some of the things they thought would and would not be possible and
>how.

How about even more recently?  I am *only 51* but my life doesn't look
at
all like those projections on the magazines covers back in my youth
(1950's/1960's)  - Personal helicopters/airplanes any one?  computer
driven cars on automatic highways (no more merging accidents...)?  Yes,
that cuts both ways; some exceeded projecting current trends while most
fell short or went a completely different route; but the point is - we
have no idea where the technology will go (whereas human [i.e., sinful
fallen] nature is a constant.  There are no good guys in the GZG
worlds...

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll Next: Re: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - Poll