Prev: RE: [SG?] Cammo Next: RE: [SG?] Cammo

RE: [SG?] Cammo

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:22:20 -0400
Subject: RE: [SG?] Cammo

At 8:07 AM -0400 8/10/01, Bell, Brian K (Contractor) wrote:
>If you let anything get close enough to actually recognize your ship
>visually, let alone any marking on the hull, you have failed anyway.

Umm, perhaps. Seems that long base telescopes and stadio-metric
ranging systems would be used at some point in engagements more often
than not. Especialyl given there is no horizon to speak of. What is
an MU? Is a ship visible at 12 MU? The Shuttle is observable from
ground with telescopes that will track. So are other spacecraft.
Seems to me a low observable color would make more sense.

Afterall, If I can plot a firing solution visually before you acquire
me with radar, then I may just get a nice first salvo off.

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -

Prev: RE: [SG?] Cammo Next: RE: [SG?] Cammo