Prev: RE: No AAR Re: [FT] Big GenCon thank you Next: Re: Future terrain Re: [SG] Modelling (was [FT]Just received...)

Re: Future terrain Re: [SG] Modelling (was [FT]Just received...)

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 03:03:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Future terrain Re: [SG] Modelling (was [FT]Just received...)

At 10:00 PM -0700 8/8/01, Brian Burger wrote:

>Arcologies? Gack - I was thinking more in terms of 'normal' buildings!

You said (someone...said) Futuristic structures... What would the NAC
and Japan have on its bigger (read as important) planets and on
Earth, Arcologies.

>An arcology is probably best represented at the FMA level, with lots of
>corridor fighting...
>
>They'd be a bit large for the average tabletop, otherwise!

Ohh. Not all that big. Say a 6x8 dirtside table. I figure a smallish
one would occupy about...oh 6"x10" or so and be 8" high (Hitomi says
they are 800 Meters high but with the extra width at the base and the
slope 6x10x8 seems right)...

You could build levels or sections that are removed to represent
parts of the structure...A really big one ) would take half the
table....Yah know, I really ought to take my own advice and build a
few of these....Its really just a bunch of half circle levels and a
front mirror....

Now, I wonder where I can find a Briarios figure for
Stargrunt....perhaps kit bash some power armour?

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -

Prev: RE: No AAR Re: [FT] Big GenCon thank you Next: Re: Future terrain Re: [SG] Modelling (was [FT]Just received...)