Prev: RE: [FT] Big GenCon thank you Next: Re: [FT] Big GenCon thank you

Re: No AAR Re: [FT] Big GenCon thank you

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 07:16:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: No AAR Re: [FT] Big GenCon thank you

--- devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> I won't try an AAR; some of the fun for me was
> taking a strange design,
> cold. This even though Dean posts most of the info
> on the Star Ranger site.

What's an AAR?

> I will mention two thoughts: I assume the scenerio I
> played will see some
> changes, given the fighter cluster that occurred,
> with my ships doing about
> the only shooting(and receiving fire) til the last
> turns.
>
> Also, read the descriptions VERY carefully; I
> totally misused my ships,
> given the fighter-centric nature of the event.
> Didn't stop me from
> shredding one, and partially another, evil imperial
> star destroyers.
>
> Oh, expect plenty of people to stop by, first to be
> impressed with the
> mixed universes, only, on second look, to be
> constantly saying: Oh, wow! A
> (fill in the blank); where in the hell did you get
> one of those?!?!?
>
> Dean's prepared with lists of his often
> out-of-production ships and
> fighters. ;->=
>
> The_Beast

I've been trying to assemble a similar set of ships
because ... well actually I have no real reason
other than it would be neat. I've been partially
successful, but it's tough because not all genres
have had games with miniatures. I finally found
a galactica last month and I've had a little
success with the other genres. I've also found
a few other interesting things.

I haven't found vipers, but the DLD attack ships
make a good substitute. I found a C57D ship from
Forbidden Planet I like. I missed a Liberator from
Blake's 7 on ebay.

Maybe I'll try to go to GENCON next year and play
in Dean's game if he runs one.

Anyway, I like Dean's idea of the crossover and
it gives me some interesting ships to look for
on ebay.

Prev: RE: [FT] Big GenCon thank you Next: Re: [FT] Big GenCon thank you