Prev: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions Next: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

From: Randall L Joiner <rljoiner@m...>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 16:29:28 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Taskforce and Fleet Actions

AFAIK in my programming years, I remember running across a couple of
stellar
generators.  It would spew out a random star, with a random, within
known
astronomy parameters, number of planets, given orbits, moons, belts,
etc.  You
could even, IIRC, get a specific age and what that system looked like.
You
could seed the initial variables, IIRC, like primary mass/type/age, etc.

With a little looking, I'm sure you could find it.  I even remember one
that
was a really pretty screen saver, displaying the system through time
(orbits,
ort cloud, comets, etc.).  The program generated several flat files that
were
read by the screen-saver portion, with the flat files containing all the
info
for the system.

Rand.