Prev: Re: my website updated again Next: Re: FT-Movement, corkscrewing

Re: [FT] Ship Names

From: "Mark 'Indy' Kochte" <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 13:59:57 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Ship Names

Andrew,

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, Andrew Ayres wrote:

> Hey All,
>   I'm just catching up after 3 months of not being able to read
messages
> (and boy can this list right!), but I need to pick up on a thread from
2 and
> a half months ago.
>
> The thread was NAC peerage, but it had names of nobles as in below,
but I
> was thinking these would make great names for ship designs, and ship
names
> for actual ones in fleets.  For the FTSC, people have requested a name
list,
> so if people can give me lists of names (preferably from all major -
and
> minor if available - sides) I can incorporate these into the program.
> Optionally, indicate names best suited to classes, and other best
suited to
> names, though I'd be happy enough with any names.

I have a rather fairly sized file full of ship/class names if you want
it.
It's not complete; I'm always adding to it (or adding to another file
that
someday will get added to the main file ;-). I also have online a set of
fleet rosters for the major powers (the UNSC is still being worked on -
but that's been put on hold for a while until I get another major
project
finished up later this year). It has names you can freely draw from for
other ship  designs for said powers. The URL is:

http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/full-thrust/fleet-rosters.html

If you want the shipname file I've been putting together, I'll send
you that offlist.

Mk

Prev: Re: my website updated again Next: Re: FT-Movement, corkscrewing