Prev: Re: Don't worry was: Okay, how does this work... Next: Re: Irregular Starships

Re: Irregular Starships

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 16:47:11 +0100
Subject: Re: Irregular Starships

----- Original Message -----
From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>; <Starguard@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 3:25 AM
Subject: Irregular Starships

> Ideally they would be in the local shops - like that's going to
happen!
> Next best - pictures on a web site (or even web sites) of these ships.
> All else fails - ask those who have seen them to describe them.
> Irregular Fleets:
> Imperial - sounds like the Not-Star Wars not-Empire ships...
These are the not-Trek not-Feds- probably the nicest Irregular fleet
overall. The carrier has a wet navy style angled deck with island, a
little
odd but OK. The biggest ship other than the carrier is 63mm long with a
saucer 35mm across.

> Dysonian Fleet - ?
Small ships with flat block hulls with wings of various shapes, plus a
couple of little retro-style scouts.  Larger hull lengths c53mm. I'll
use
most as freighters.

> Delphan Fleet - ?
These have longish hulls with wedge- or pod-shaped bridge at the bow,
engines at the stern and mostly with cropped delta wings.

> Confederation - not Star Trek not Federation ???
Flattish block hulls with front and rear trimmed so it looks a _little_
like
a giant Trek (original) shuttlecraft with small side fins near the bow.
The
largest vessel shares approximate configuration with the Galactica.
Carrier
shares the flight deck with the Imperials.

> Bionaughts Fleets - ?
Bioships- the biggest is a "Lexx", then there's a "skinny Lexx" and a
similarly-sized vessel with short wings and 2 tails, nicer than it
sounds.
The smaller "ships" in this fleet are less good and include what appears
be an ammonite, a small ugly dragonfly and what I can only describe as a
tentacled quadruple blob.

> Prices look very economical but I sure would like to know what I was
> ordering *before* I get it in the mail...
>
> Gracias,
> Glenn/Triphibious

Ainsty used to have jpegs of the Confederation, Delphan and Dysonian
fleets
on their site, but they're gone.  I saved them- if anyone wants them,
let me
know-  total size 49kb.

Rob Paul
now poverty-stricken after Claymore 2001 in Edinburgh

Prev: Re: Don't worry was: Okay, how does this work... Next: Re: Irregular Starships