Prev: RE: [OT]Ok chance to be web critics again! Next: [DS2]Battalion TO&E skeleton draft for my campaign generator

Re: [OT]Ok chance to be web critics again!

From: Kevin Walker <sage@c...>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 08:29:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT]Ok chance to be web critics again!

on 8/6/01 5:54, Jeremey Claridge at jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk wrote:

> As you may or may not remember I asked this list for
> opinions about what makes a good miniature manufacturers
> website a few months ago.
> You did that and I was grateful for the comments.
> (although some of you did take the topic way to far :)

I'll be succinct.

I like your choice of background pattern and colors, the fact that the
descriptive text has no background behind it and thus is easy to read,
and
the graphics used in the navigation bar.

My suggestions towards areas to reconsider or change:
* I'd prefer to see the miniatures category (i.e. 19th Century, sci-fi,
etc.) in the title area for easier finding when the user comes back to
the
page after switching applications or a user's attention has been
distracted
elsewhere.
* I dislike combined pictures of products.  When clicking upon a sample
picture for an item users don't always remember product numbers and thus
sometimes have to review previous pages to determine which part of the
picture applies to the item in question.

Of course, I'm not a web designer so please take my comments with
consideration to that angle.

I hope this was of help.

Kevin Walker
sage@chartermi.net

Prev: RE: [OT]Ok chance to be web critics again! Next: [DS2]Battalion TO&E skeleton draft for my campaign generator