Prev: Re: B-17's in space next, I suppose... Next: Re: Don't worry was: Okay, how does this work...

Re: Yes, Yes.... He is a God (at least a Minor One!)

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 00:59:08 -0400
Subject: Re: Yes, Yes.... He is a God (at least a Minor One!)

On Sun, 05 Aug 2001 22:30:00 EDT, Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com>
wrote:

>Take a note - next time: Direct.

Sad to say, that's the way I've had to go. My local miniatures store
sometimes
waited many months before putting in an order to Britain. They were
"helping"
me by combining orders to lower shipping (I suspect they were getting
their
own prices down that way, hence the wait).

I like the store, I like the people there, but I just don't order
anything
through them anymore. I do it all online, even if "online" is a stop on
the
GZG catalogue page and an e-mail to Jon.

On the other hand, niche markets always had problems in stores. Big
retailers
are finding the web is dubious at best, and canibalizing in store sales
at
worst. Small retailers are seeing it as a great way to keep prices down
and
serve a large number of people. Catalogue and mail order were big for a
long
time, but the cost of producing catalogues were usually the downfall.
The web
solves that.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: B-17's in space next, I suppose... Next: Re: Don't worry was: Okay, how does this work...