Prev: Re: FT-Movement, corkscrewing Next: Irregular Starships

Yes, Yes.... He is a God (at least a Minor One!)

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 21:37:19 -0400
Subject: Yes, Yes.... He is a God (at least a Minor One!)

Unsolicited Testimonial:

Yes, this isn't topical, except to say that I just
put in an order a little bit ago for a pile of stuff
(a couple of hundred pounds) from Mr. Tuffley.
It was large in terms of numbers of items (lots
of individual figures from the various
personalities lines). He had the whole thing
packed, totalled and either mailed or ready to
go inside or 36 hours. It happened so darn
fast, my head was spinning. Now of course, it is
up to the tender mercies of International Postal
Operations (in whom I have limited faith).

But in terms of turn around time, I have nothing
but the highest praise for Mr. Tuffley. He took a
big ugly order (and patiently waited for me to
put it together after I promised it to him a few
days before) and got it out the door faster
than I expected by a factor of three to five.
Blistering, I'd have to call the pace.

I'd just like to say I've done business with KR,
Nic and Jon (I try to get at least one order to
each of them every 18 months if I can
manage), and their flexibility (getting me special
requests like a fleet pack with a FB instead of FT
for a new player), their speed, their
competence (rarely - as in I can't recall one - a
problem or mistake in shipping or packing),
and their personal touch makes dealing with
them about 1 billion times nicer than trying to
fight with stores to order their stuff and wait
and wait and wait for it to actually never arrive.

Our local store is good in that they do seem to
care and they have lots of neat stuff and if I
want a boardgame or card game, I go buy it
there. But if I want FT/SG/DS or related
products, I go to the source(s). And I have not
regretted it yet, nor do I expect to. Don't suffer
interminable wait times nor questionable
delivery - go to the source. That's my advice.

KR, Jon T, Nic - Keep it up! You guys maintain
my faith in "quality service", a concept sadly
abused by far too many retail and wholesale
outfits these days. And don't get me started on
the Telcos or Cable Companies....

Prev: Re: FT-Movement, corkscrewing Next: Irregular Starships