Prev: Re: [SG] Ship building Next: Re: [SG] Ship building

Re: [SG] Ship building

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:56:26 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] Ship building

> At 4:16 PM -0400 8/3/01, Laserlight wrote:
> >I'm thinking to build sections of a Jerez for 15mm boarding actions
at
> >1" = 3m.  Has anyone seen suggestions for modular hull designs?  If
> >not, are there ship interiors (in addition to the Traveller Web
Ring
> >stuff) that anyone can point me to?

Ryan replied:
> Sounds like a bloody cool project. And here I though I was cool
> making fighting positions with overhead cover and slits for firing
on
> the oblique.

Well, if you're *making* them, and I'm only *thinking*, you have me
out-cooled.  Given my modeling skills--or lack thereof--you may well
still have me out-cooled after I've built it...

> >[snip]
> >And at 1" = 3m, it's roughly 45"x27"x2", not counting the bridge
>
> Remember, you'll have boat bays, weapons bays, reactant mass
storage,
> air tankage, in between spaces and lots of other dead spaces.

Lots of dead and wounded spaces, yes, that's the plan.

Prev: Re: [SG] Ship building Next: Re: [SG] Ship building