Prev: Re: Finally my own website - high quality UNSC and Islam pictures Next: [OT] Bye for 2 Weeks

Subject: Re: [FT] WotW #11 Stealth Systems - alternate suggestion

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 07:06:47 -0400

> Level-2 Stealth system/hull
> MASS is 5% of hull (minimum of 2?), COST is 8x MASS
> Level-2 Stealth system/hull
> MASS is 10% of hull (minimum of 4?), COST is 8x MASS

I thought you were making a case for 10xMass?

I'd get rid of the minima (except maybe minimum 1 mass,as in everything
else). It should arguable be _easier_ to stealth smaller ships than
larger,
so making the relative percentage rise below Heavy destroyer mass
doesn't
make sense.

> Either is a thresholdable system (Stealth Generator) or is
automatically
> lost at the second threshold (Stealth Hull) (I'm not sure these two
> options are of equal value).

They're pretty much a wash as far as chance of loss goes, I think

> Counts as a level-2 screen vs. all beam weapons, pulsars, stingers,
> SMPs, MKPs, all fighters, and scatterguns used in anti-ship mode.
> - -2 to the 'to hit' dice roll for pulse torpedoes, k-guns, and pod
> launchers.
> Reduces lock-on range of missiles to 4mu (adjust for different base
> lock-on ranges in cinematic).

This is holofield only, right? The Stealth mechanic is a range modifier
only.
If that's not what you mean, then I'm getting confused.

> Sa'Vas'Ku Stealth Node: as equivalent level of stealth, but requires 1
> power per mass of stealth node from the D pool to activate.
I like this alot. Could be massed as a screen node, but higher cost, of
course.
Or alternately, the SV could have a Stealth Carapace. Layered on top of
regular carapace, costed similarly to Phalon Shell armor. Must be some %
of
ship mass per level. Destroyed like armor.

> Phalon Stealth Shroud Gland: Effect as stealth level 2, but phalon
ship
> cannot fire on any turn that the stealth shroud is deployed.
> MASS 5% of hull mass (minimum of 1), COST = 5x MASS?
Also like. Should probably allow PDS fire.

Noam

Prev: Re: Finally my own website - high quality UNSC and Islam pictures Next: [OT] Bye for 2 Weeks