Prev: RE: Okay, how does this work... Next: Re: Okay, how does this work...

Re: Okay, how does this work...

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 10:41:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Okay, how does this work...

At 9:08 AM -0400 8/2/01, Glenn M Wilson wrote:
>Was looking to open my second hand blisters of FT ships this weekend
when
>I noticed two things:
>
>1) The hole on the Lenov Scoutships and the Tico DD's is smaller then
the
>studs on top of the poles on the bases.

Use some small files to expand the holes for the DDs. I generally use
a pin vise to drill out the holes in many cases. Even the larger
ships get modified with a deeper and wider base for better retention.
In the case of the scout ships, use some plastic bases. Those
actually work really well for the smaller ships and they have smaller
more uniform holes than the metal bases do. I like to save the big
metal bases for the larger ships.

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -

Prev: RE: Okay, how does this work... Next: Re: Okay, how does this work...