Prev: FSE colour schemes site Next: Re: Bad jokes (was once Re: Draft Notes on the NEA)

Re: Movies

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:34:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Movies

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Allan Goodall wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:54:31 -0400, Rick Rutherford <Rick@esr.com>
wrote:

> >If I had to recommend one modern war film, it would be "The Beast"
(it's
> >also sometimes called "The Beast of War"), made in 1988.
>
> Ah! Rick beat me to it!
>
> I will also add a vote for "The Wings of Honneamise", the only anime I
own.

> I understand that "Titan AE" isn't a bad animated film, from a
starship combat
> point of view. It's readily available for rent, but I haven't seen it.

I saw this in the theatre - it's one of those movies you watch for the
visuals, not the plot or characters... Nice CG animations of the ships &
stations, and some entertaining scenes - one zero-G combat scene sticks
in
my memory.

Zero-Gravity combat rules for FMa or SG2 - must think. Import vector
movement from FT? In full 3-d? Cool...

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -