Prev: Re: Movies Next: Re: Movies

Re: Movies

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 22:18:29 -0400
Subject: Re: Movies

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:44:44 +0100 (BST), Phillip Atcliffe
<Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk> wrote:

>Heck, why not just have a Kurosawa (sp?) season?! You can't (or
>shouldn't) see Yojimbo without Sanjuro (which came first, IIRC);

Nope. Sanjuro came out a year later. I have both on DVD. Yojimbo is more
"accessible". I had a movie night with both, back to back. (I also have
Yojimbo 12" action figure!) I also have "A Fistful of Dollars", which is
the
"Yojimbo" remake.

I would also add "Ran". Almost every scene is filmed as a medium or long
shot
(few, if any, close ups). The colours and screen composition is amazing.
The
battle scenes are also quite good.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: Movies Next: Re: Movies