Prev: FT-Minis Next: weapons potential?

Re: [SG] Religious Wars Re: Modelling Scales

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:56:27 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] Religious Wars Re: Modelling Scales

At 4:18 PM +0100 7/25/01, Tony Francis wrote:

>One thing that has always struck me when visiting tank museums etc is
>that most vehicles are considerably _smaller_ than I expected them to
>be. Many early WW2 tanks are quite a bit shorter (and some narrower)
>than my car.

Those would be the scout/light tanks.

I suspect that when you look at the Sherman and its larger brethren,
they take up far more room. Get up to the M48/60 units and you've got
some monsters. Same thing goes for the Panzer Vs and above. Sure the
Renault FT was tiny, so were a number of others (harry Hopkins,
Tetrach, Honey) but they weren't medium tanks.

Now, look at some of the wheeled armoured cars. The Puma and the
South African (Puma like) are huge as are a number of British special
purpose command trucks. Rommel used a captured Brit Armoured Command
truck in North Africa.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	Toronto, Gun down some squeegee kids,	 - NRA -
-		 Then you can host the Olympics too!	       -

Prev: FT-Minis Next: weapons potential?