Prev: Re: [GZG] MILLIONS of them! Re: Eureka 300 Club 15mm Figures Next: FT-Minis

Re: Modelling Scales

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:18:07 EDT
Subject: Re: Modelling Scales

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:32:47 -0400 Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
writes:
>At 9:28 AM -0400 7/25/01, Glenn M Wilson wrote:
>>When I used 1/72nd (and even 1/87th Roco) stuff with Starguard games
>>('true' 25mm) infantry (Many brands including Reviresco) I always
>>justified it by reducing the crew to 1 or 2 and letting the "AI" do
>al of
>> the non-combat stuff (drive from X to Y via Z) - less crew (and
>reclined
>>or prone) makes for a smaller silhouette.
>
>I still question how an AI is going to get out of the tank and help
>you fix that thrown track or torn skirt.

It doesn't!  8^(

Nektons are noted for closing quickly and sudden assaults, their neural
destroying sonic weapons,  their lack of prisoner taking (unles HQ wants
some intelligence,) and their quick withdrawals when the assault gets
stopped cold by the opposition.  Having been introduced to FTL empires
as
slaves to the Ralnai has given them a somewhat Xenophobic view on
'aliens' and their amphibious (froggy) minds are a bit callous about
casualties without being 'berserker' or 'suicidal' oriented - extremely
opportunistic as it were.

Somewhat like the Russians - let the recovery crews take it to depot if
we win and if we withdraw we use a thermal grenade to light it up...

Most of their stuff is more like 'amphibious flying subs'  then AFV's -
pop-up attacks somewhat like VTOL's in Dirtside 2.

Only reason I used them (JS tanks) was they were what I couldn't sell
off
(so far) after gettting a great deal on six pizza boxes of
figures/vehicles, a underbed storage box of vehicles/terrrain bits and
the rules (Tractics) I wanted for a friend - all for  $25.  Most of it
has been sold off (Last bit - except for terrain and a few amphibious
vehicles -  I am waiting for a MO to arrive) to pay for my war game
'eras
of interest' figures.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [GZG] MILLIONS of them! Re: Eureka 300 Club 15mm Figures Next: FT-Minis