Prev: [SG] Religious Wars Re: Modelling Scales Next: Re: Modelling Scales

Re: Modelling Scales

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:09:02 EDT
Subject: Re: Modelling Scales

In a message dated 7/25/01 6:46:21 AM Central Daylight Time,
donoghmc@hotmail.com writes:

> If a model is 1/72, then presumably the appropriate figure size is
25mm.
> (unless my maths is significantly lacking)
>
> However generally speaking manufacturers link 1/72 with 20mm.
>
> What is the deal with that?
> *grin*
>
> Really what I want to know is how compatible are 1/72 vehicles with
25mm
> (say Stargrunt) figures

72nd is close enough. The difference is where you measure the figures
from -
not the relevant size. The best rule of thumb is "Does it look right?" I
use
anything from 1/87th to 1/68th (Collector's Matchbox) if it looks right.

Prev: [SG] Religious Wars Re: Modelling Scales Next: Re: Modelling Scales