Prev: Re: Modelling Scales Next: RE: Modelling Scales

Re: Modelling Scales

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:08:44 +0100
Subject: Re: Modelling Scales

>Someone help me out here...
>
>If a model is 1/72, then presumably the appropriate figure size is
25mm.
>(unless my maths is significantly lacking)
>
>However generally speaking manufacturers link 1/72 with 20mm.
>
>What is the deal with that?
>*grin*

We've talked endlessly about this many times before...	there's probably
lots in the list archives about it.
FWIW, my rules of thumb are:
15mm figs with 1/87 or 1/100 vehicles.
20mm figs with 1/72 or 1/76 vehicles.
"True" 25mm figs (eg: our stuff) with 1/60 vehicles
"Big" (GW) 25/28mm figures with 1/48 vehicles.
However, it's all SF, so you can be flexible - use whatever looks good!

>Really what I want to know is how compatible are 1/72 vehicles with
25mm
>(say Stargrunt) figures

They'll look a bit small.

Jon (GZG)

>Thanks
>Donogh

http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

Prev: Re: Modelling Scales Next: RE: Modelling Scales