Prev: RE: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast) Next: RE: [DS2] Multiple and Mixed weapons turrets

Good Guys(Humor) - Was: RE: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast)

From: "Hudak, Michael" <mihudak@s...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:58:37 -0400
Subject: Good Guys(Humor) - Was: RE: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast)

> So, they are a cross between a major 'Nation' and a multi-national
> Mega-Corporation?  Just as prone (since they are run by human
> 'citizens')
> to myopic and self-serving viewpoints?  Just as prone to 'us
> versus them'
> ?  Just as jingoistic and 'goal' or 'objective' oriented as
> the rest of
> the 'nations' were/are/will always be?  Just as likely to
> have policies
> that are self-justifying (even wrapped in high-principles language
> ("Manifest destiny" anyone?) and 'the good of the whole" viewpoint?

Well, there may be one corporation that's still benevolent.........

> So, Jon was right.  There are no 'good guys' in the GZG-Universe!
>
> "Shelter self-sealing process initiated"
>
> "Go to Duck-Con 1!"
>
> <grin>

A new corporation is making it's way to becoming a major mover and
shaker in
the universe..........

Once a fringe corporation that makes a brief flare once a year, North
Pole
Industries (NPI) is beginning to amass a large quantity of warships to
protect it's fleet of 'Sleigh' class transports.

CEO S. Claus explains:	Due to continuing harrassment from all parties
in
their constant squabbling and fighting, I have no choice but to put all
governments on my 'Naughty' list.  In order to make my yearly deliveries
subscribers on my 'Nice' list, I have decided to add warships to the NPI
fleet, so that NPI transports can arrive at their destinations safely.

General Mayhem, currently stationed at the elven shipyards, discusses
the
new warships:  The "Sleighmaster Mark I" has the most cutting edge
technology available.  It is the only ship known to carry the Class 6
ruby
red spinal laser (emitted through the nose, of course) that should give
any
opposing ship reason to avoid NPI convoys.  Coupled with the short range
coal-plasma emitters, and the vaunted speed of all NPI ships (Acquired
from
millenia of billions of planetary deliveries in a 24 hour period)