Prev: Re: [DS2] Multiple and Mixed weapons turrets Next: RE: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast)

Re: Multiple and Mixed weapons turrets

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:34:35 EDT
Subject: Re: Multiple and Mixed weapons turrets

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 17:38:09 -0400 Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
writes:
<snip>
>>But the issue of the 'either or' use of main gun /or/ APSW still
>remains.
>

>>Page 28 "Direct Fire" has each element of a firing unit choosing one
>>target (and FWIW, I assume that means the dismounted Infantry *or*
>their
>>supporting APC's/IFV's) [Only SLAM's can target - indirectly at
>>medium/long range - surrounding units] but not both.)  Pg 35
>specifically
>>states firing an APSW at infantry from a vehicle eliminates the use
>of
>>it's main gun.  In light of DFFG/HEL/RFAC/MDC/HVC/SLAM (at close
>range
>>only) CAN target infantry separately	[page 36] there is an
>interesting
>>anomaly - HEL's get 36" at 2 dice,  RFAC/MDC/HVC at medium range
>(Varies
>
>I'll have to check this out. I'm not aware of this. What do you mean
>by dice? Two shots?

Sorry I keep saying dice for damage chits and opposed dice rolls both.

Most DF weapons that can affect infantry get 2 chits, DFFG get 3.

>>from 8" for DFFG/1 to 48" for MDC/5) for 2 dice,  DFFG with three
>dice at
>>Medium Range (Varies from 8" to 24"), SLAM's target at 12" (3 to 5
>dice)
>>and APSW 12" with 3 dice.  So, a Tank with an MDC/5 can fire at 12.1"
>>48" with it's main gun and get two dice but when the target gets
>within
>>12" the main gun is locked out (Geneva Conventions 2?) and only the
>APSW
>>works?  That doesn't fit with current real world practice - Back to
>
>I'm not aware of this not MDCs at under 12" vs infantry.
As I read the rules, It's APSW (max 12") **or** main gun at infantry but
never both at the same turn.  That was the first thing I changed in my
games.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious

Prev: Re: [DS2] Multiple and Mixed weapons turrets Next: RE: [FH] About the UN again (sorry Beast)