Prev: Re: Un-narrowed Re: Movies Next: Re: [DS] WWII Rules

Re: Multiple and Mixed weapons turrets

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:36:01 -0400
Subject: Re: Multiple and Mixed weapons turrets

At 12:59 PM -0400 7/18/01, Glenn M Wilson wrote:
>Your last e-mail as off list but had some good points in it that the
>group might want to consider.	Would you want to post it (or I can
>forward the response I sent) to the group for discussion or would you
>prefer that e-mail just be a private correspondence for some reason...

Actually it was cc'd to the list.

>Either way, good questions/points.  The granularity of DS2 is both it's
>prime plus (to me) and it's biggest weakness (sometimes in some ways)
it
>seems.  I like it pretty much the way it is, but then I think a
>'realistic' (whatever that means) DS2 rules set would eventually make
>Star Fleet Battles seem not so perversely complicated.

Yes. Thats why I bring up the point of 4 tanks with 4 shots vs 4
tanks with 8 shots issue. Two weapons doesn't add enough cost to be
able to do that. You have to pay for that additional FC and the
weapon. TANSTAAFL

>Besides, it's difficult enough to get multiple barreled turret AFV's
much
>less two 'different' looking weapons in a turret AFV's in 6mm (or
1/300th
>or 1/285th) scale.  There was a very good post in one of the lists
(Yahoo
>has a FT-SG and A FT list I used to read also) about what the weapons
>should look like based on the current technology of prototypes/concept
>designs.  Short barrel for HEL, Long for HKP, long maybe finned barrels
>for MDC, IIRC, that was interesting.

Not really. I have a size 5 Super heavy tank design that runs an
MDC/5 and a DFFG/5 on a turreted size 5 chassis. One weapon is used
at long range. The other is when a target gets to knife fighting
range. Its a Battle Tech Demolisher tank with one barrel extended. I
have a pair. There are also 4 size 6 tanks that run a Turret, two
HEL/5's a bunch of extra stuff and space for a squad of Power Armour.
Sort of a super heavy dreadnought Merkava. Uber Armoured infantry.
They also have APSW's out the waazoo.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	Toronto, Gun down some squeegee kids,	 - NRA -
-		 Then you can host the Olympics too!	       -

Prev: Re: Un-narrowed Re: Movies Next: Re: [DS] WWII Rules