Prev: Re: Un-narrowed Re: Movies Next: Re: Un-narrowed Re: Movies

[FT]New ship design-helps & how-to

From: Alderfek@a...
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:27:01 EDT
Subject: [FT]New ship design-helps & how-to

hI ALL,
 I have recently started to work up stats for my
custom ship designs and I approached the designs
from the angle of equipping the design,then finalizing
it. Problem is, I come up with a dreadnaught of 375
mass and points of 1399. Is this way too much for
standard play ? I am using the FT Fleet book ship
designer and Fleet Mgr.
 The stats I punched in are as follows:
		     Mass     Pts
Hull Int  .25	     94 	188
FTL		     38 	 76
Thrust	    4	     75 	150
Shields     2	     38 	114
Cl.2 Beams  8	     16 	 48
Cl.3 Beams  6	3    42 	126
Pls Torp    2	      8 	 24
SML	    3	      9 	 27
SML Mag     6	2    14 	 42
PDS	    6	      6 	 18
FC	    3	      3 	 12
Hanger Bays 3	     27 	 81
Armor	    5	      5 	 10
Fighters
  Intercept 2			 36
  Torpedo   2			 72

Total Mass    375
Total Points 1399

Advice ?

My original plans for this design was to have a
ship of dreadnought class with the capability
to support groundforce operations(the reason for
the hanger bays). Granted this is for a custom
non-FT universe but this is my first time at
designing ships using the FT construction rules.

Thanx,

Prev: Re: Un-narrowed Re: Movies Next: Re: Un-narrowed Re: Movies